Monday, March 03, 2008

Santorini Princess

I think people can see a trend in my selection. I am always seduced by images of baths and water. I just love the thought of being able to just chill and relax and look out into the ocean while being submerged in a pool of water.

Greece is another of my dream destination. Besides the history and ancient monuments and buildings over there, I love the idea of island hopping though I am not too keen on taking the boats. I am prone to seasickness. Not a good feeling at all.

After googling for a while on where exactly to go, besides the obvious Athens, I think Santorini (part of the Cyclades islands) would be an excellent place as it is quieter and well known for its beaches and sunsets and stunning view.

From Greeka:
The island faces the Caldera, the famous submerged volcano crater situated in the middle of basin of water....These villages are made of white typical Cycladic houses with blue painted windows facing the black volcanic rock of the Caldera: a sight that has inspired more than one artist including the Greek poet Seferis, especially when meddled with a horizon tainted by the amazing colours of the sunset, one of the most striking in the world.

More searching and I found a very nice hotel. In face it is the only hotel with a spa - Santorini Princess Luxury Spa Hotel in Imerovigli Village. There are only 22 apartments in the hotel and this is what is available in them:

- a large private bath with Jacuzzi and a hair dryer (the room is fashioned in marble)
- a mini bar
- a refrigerator
- a kitchen (utensils provided upon request)
- satellite TV
- air-conditioning (warm and cold)
- a safe deposit box
- a direct dial telephone
- bathrobes, sleepers and other comfort amenities
- large private balcony

The bathroom with the jacuzzi tub
Bedroom with a sitting area off the bed area - I believe this is the honeymoon suite
View from the pool area - sun setting
Day view of the surroundings - Aegean sea, mountains, volcano
The pool - it looks so inviting to have a dip

Imagine sipping juice or wine while admiring the view
Again, dining with a gorgeous scenery

The one and only spa. I love how everything has a dome ceiling
Bliss - soak in the water to release the tension

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dream destination also!!
I will make do without the princess hotel

carolyn said...

Hehe. It looks gorgeous. At least you are going there soon? ;)

Anonymous said...

unfortunately not so soon.
in the pipeline, though