Monday, March 10, 2008

Cafe 211 @ Holland Village (13 Feb 2007)


This is a long overdue post. I thought I had blogged about it but I didn't, so here goes.

I went there with a couple of friends as someone had just came in from Canada then and it was almost like a bday celebration.

Tucked away on the rooftop (level 4) of Holland Village Shopping Center, it was a challenge finding the place. Once there, there was no one to show us to a table. I think they used to have those antipasto buffet or something as an option. I have been there sporadically since 2001, somehow it is just not a place I would go back to again and again.

The service was pretty decent when we were there in February 2007. We sat outside as it was a balmy evening. We ordered the spinach frittata or something that sounded healthy :p That was not too bad but not exactly wow either. I think I had the prawns aglio olio which was nice while my friend had the risotto. Dessert was tiramisu which we shared.

Reading reviews of the place on Hungrygowhere, it seemed like the place has gotten worse since July 2007 and progressively horrendous, so it may not be a good place to try the food. Most of the items from the old menu had disappeared. Maybe there is a change of management or chefs.

No comments: