Sunday, March 09, 2008

Blue Toenails

Maybe I was inspired by all the blues and purples I have been seeing. On the runways from the Fashion Weeks in New York, London, Milan and Paris, to magazines touting blue though it was more navy or midnight blue for polishes.

So I chose OPI Glamour from the Designer Series which has more diamond dust, hence the sparkly look. I think the flash reflected the diamond dust more clearly as in real life, it is not so sparkly.

And with that pedicure (it chipped slightly on the big toe after 1 day), I am finally done with Wicked. I am so glad, no more Wicked for me. I still think they "destroy" my nails. Plus most of the nail technicians (if you can call them that) are just not so experienced.

The last visit was quite bad in service. They didn't bring out the tea like they usually do. I looked around and saw the other customer also did not get any tea, so I didn't bother asking. It's not like I am hard-up for a cup of tea, but these are little things which make up a customer experience in the salon. Then the pedicurist got started. She didn't even ask if I would like some magazines to read. I had to ask her for some magazines.

How shoddy can the service get? Again, it was only 1 coat of polish. And she didn't ask how I want to shape my nails and I forgot to specify also. She just filed it square when usually I prefer mine to be square with rounded ends. That was the reason why the polish chipped because it was totally square and it was not filed smoothly. I could feel the jagged bits or some rough spots.

So that is the end of Wicked for me.

No comments: