Monday, March 17, 2008

Cedele Dessert Sampler

Cedele at Wheelock Place has a dessert sampler which I thought is a very smart addition to its menu. Sometimes you just want to try a bit of everything and do not really want to finish the entire slice of cake or tart.

I met Tanny for lunch the other day and we decided to share the dessert sampler plate. You get to select 4 small (quite a decent size actually) sweets for just $13.80 (I think). So that was my lunch, some cakes and a pot of mint tea :p

We decided on a strawberry tart, chocolate cookie tiramisu, raspberry kirsch and what we thought was a chocolate banana cake. It turned out to be chocolate orange cheesecake.

The strawberry tart was gorgeous. Plump, juicy, huge strawberries on custard and chocolate crust shell. I really liked that.

The raspberry kirsch was a bit heavy for me. It tasted like fruitcake, at least the texture was similar.

The chocolate cookie tiramisu had a very strong alcohol taste. There were crumbs of cookies in the middle of the creamy light texture. Pretty nice too.
We got this as we really wanted a chocolatey cake and the cheesecake didn't cut it. The manager was nice enough to give us the Belgian chocolate marquise due to the mistake made by the staff. The staff recommended the chocolate banana cake which was actually a cheesecake. The chocolate marquise was oh so good. Perfect for the chocolate fix. Not too sweet and not too bitter either. Really just nice. It was filled with raisins, nuts and cherries soaked in rum.
The chocolate orange cheesecake. I took one bite and thought it tasted like cheesecake :p I was not sure then. It was actually not bad, but we just were not in the mood for cheesecake which could be a bit heavy after a while.

I love desserts :)

No comments: