Saturday, March 08, 2008

Rose Veranda Again!

We went to Rose Veranda at Shangri-La again. After the last time where we had such good food, we were kinda craving for the salmon sashimi and numerous selection of tea. Instead of 6 of us, it became 4 again. It seemed to be full house today with reservations made for most tables. Today the specialty was on the berries. Lots of berries desserts.

But the first attack was at the Japanese station for the salmon sashimi. I had quite a fair bit this time round that I think I ate less than previously. There were more mutton dishes too, no chicken.
Smoked salmon, raw salmon, popiah, salmon sandwich, cheese sandwich, sushi and picked ginger
2nd plate - more salmon sashimi and sushi. caesar salad with anchovies, tomato rice, thai fish curry (this was really nice!), fried prawn spring roll, salmon cake with tartare sauce

Dessert! White chocolate coated strawberries (nope, not all for me. One each for 4 of us) - the berry was very sweet and juicy. Berry-pistachio cake with macaroon. That was nice. Chocolate nuts cluster. I shared that with Tanny :p We already agreed to share dessert, share the calories. Hehe.

Back to savory - mutton curry, mutton vindaloo, thai fish curry, siew mai and pita bread. The mutton curry was spicier than mutton vindaloo! I also had a prawn cracker. That was so good! Had not had that for so long.
My last beverage - Vienesse Coffee. The cream sweetened the coffee, so no need to add sugar. It was good. I also took a slice of chocolate truffle cake which Tanny took a small bit from, and a piece of macadamia nut cookie to go with coffee.

I tried the regular iced tea, iced advent tea (apple, lemon and tea), rose petal tea and the coffee. I also had the pumpkin soup (pretty good) and 1 dark chocolate coated strawberry too. Didn't get to try the laksa or other hot food and desserts. Quite restrained this time? Anyway, the buffet meal became my only meal for the day ;)

No comments: