Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pho Hong in Canada

I am back-blogging now. Things got so busy that I forgot what I have posted and not posted at all. Anyway, we went to Pho Hong along Kingsway in Burnaby for dinner. My last dinner with the friends I have been hanging out at least once every week when I was in Vancouver. I had my usual order of a bowl of pho (beef balls and rare beef slices with thin kway teow in beef soup) plus a side of spring roll. This just hit the spot. I love pho and its easy availability in Vancouver. Pho Hong is not too bad, but I still prefer Pho 99 at North Road. We went there cos I was at Metrotown earlier and Pho Hong was nearby.
The pho eaters :p There is usually not much ambience in the regular Vietnamese or Chinese restaurants, especially for budget food. But this is one of the nicer ones around. I miss the iced Vietnamese coffee too.
Why is it so hard to find good Vietnamese food or rather pho as I am used to in Singapore? Orange Lantern is still the closest to what I like over here.

No comments: