Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lemon Pepper Seafood Linguine

I am quite pleased with my first attempt to make pasta with white wine sauce. I have always made pasta with the help of pasta sauce either in cream or tomato based. Or even cream sauce from scratch, my own version :p Then I chanced upon this foodblog with a recipe for Lemon Pepper Seafood Pasta and it looked simple enough for me to try.

I did modify the recipe a little, tweaking it to my taste and imagination. Lol.

The "dry" ingredients: lemon, white wine from France, olive oil, black peppercorns, garlic, chili padis, mini portobello mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, linguine.

The "wet" ingredients: prawns and fish steak (I used half of the fish)
Actual ingredients:
1/2 lemon juice
olive oil
a pat of butter
1/3 small bottle of white wine
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 prawns, deshelled and deveined
1/2 fish steak, sliced into pieces
9 mini portobello mushrooms, sliced
8 cherry tomatoes
2 chili padis, sliced
fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
1/4 packet of linguine (enough for 3 portions)

Method:
1. Boil water, add salt and a bit of olive oil to it. Add linguine and cook till al dente.
2. Heat another pot, add minced garlic when hot and sauteed till slightly brown.
3. Add lemon juice, white wine and a ladle of wate from pasta pot to the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add butter, mushrooms, chili padis, fish and prawns into the pot and cook till prawns turned pink.
5. Add cherry tomatoes to the pot and then the cooked linguine and stir through.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.

Voila! Lemon pepper seafood linguine in white wine sauce.
It tasted good but it could be better. I added too much wine but it was good as it gave a bit of sauce to the pasta instead of just being coated with olive oil and wine. The prawns and fish were overcooked, thus the fish flaked off. I should have added the pasta earlier so that they could cook together. I love the mini portobellos mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, they gave another dimension to the pasta. 1/2 lemon may be a bit too much for those who do not really like sour food, but I love it this way. The chili padis also added a kick to the pasta.
Yummy! I love how easy the sauce is. Just add white wine ;p

No comments: