Friday, March 21, 2008

Egg Salad Sandwich

Something simple to soothe the throat. I decided to make an egg salad sandwich as the multi-grain bread is gonna expire soon.

It was tempting to pile on more things to fatten up the sandwich but I decided to just go with egg salad. So no cheese or ham in them :p

Ingredients
2 eggs, hard boiled
1 tsp mayonnaise
2 slices brown bread, toasted
1/2 stalk celery, chopped
onion, chopped
pepper, to taste

Method
1. Boil the eggs for 2 mins. Cool and shell.
2. Mix the eggs with onions, celery and mayonnaise.
3. Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
4. Spread on toasted bread.

I don't usually use salt in my cooking as I prefer pepper to enhance the taste of food rather than salt. Since I didn't pile on the egg salad into the sandwich, there was leftover which I placed next to the sandwich. Less carbs :p One of the yolks was a tiny bit runny, hence the watery texture.

I don't really like those really hard boiled eggs where the yolks tend to be very dry. So my eggs were not too hard but just right for me. I usually bring the water in saucepan to a boil then do I drop in the eggs to cook. I would turn off the fire and let the eggs cooked in the still boiling water for about 2-5 mins.

2 comments:

celest said...

ahh.. your egg salad is making me hungry :9 i like the watery/slightly-runny eggs too, especially with toast! yummy!

yours looks perfect... and more black pepper for me, please! ;)

ps: i'd add bacon bits for some crunch.. hehehehe..

test it comm said...

Looks good. I have been meaning to try making and egg salad sandwich.