Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bacon Butties

I was craving for something sinful and decided to make bacon butties. I have not made this in a few years now? Think the last time I had it was probably in 2005 or 2006. I so rarely cook when I am working, as I just don't have the time.

So taking the chance that I am home today, I decided to make it for my dinner? It was actually a late lunch or early dinner at around 5pm.

No pictures as I was famished and ready to dig in once cooked :p

A very simple sandwich to assemble.

Ingredients:
4 bacon rashers (I like streaky bacon for the sizzle and fat content)
1 egg
1 slice cheddar cheese (any type is fine)
2 slices of bread, toasted
butter
dijon mustard
cherry tomatoes

Method:
1. Fry the bacon in non-stick pan (I use those grill type of pan, so the fat from the bacon can drip beneath the meat).
2. Toast the bread while bacon is cooking.
3. Place the bacon on paper towels to soak up the oil/fat when done to desired state of crispiness.
4. Crack open egg over the bacon fat and fry it over-easy or anyway you like it.
5. Spread dijon mustard on 1 slice of bread and place cheese on it. Spread the other slice with butter.
6. Place the bacon on the bread, top with the fried egg, douse it sauce (chili, ketchup or HP) and cover with the other slice of bread. The heat from the bacon will actually melt the cheese a little.
7. Serve with cherry tomatoes on the side.

Note: If using regular tomatoes, you can slice and grill the tomatoes and place within the sandwich too.

2 comments:

test it comm said...

That sandwich sounds really tasty!

carolyn said...

Thank you :) I was inspired after seeing so many of your sandwich posts :p