Friday, March 14, 2008

Botanic Gardens & Halia Restaurant

I was bored and went to Botanic Garden, and that was also when I lost my phone :( The shots before my phone was lost. Sigh. Memories. I really dislike losing things.
The clock at the visitor center. This time I managed to take the times of both Vancouver and London. Special places in my heart at moment ;)

An oasis in the city garden. A man-made waterfall amidst the greenery.
Close up of the waterfall. Pretty, isn't it?
You can actually walk through behind the waterfall in a cave-life place. That day, there was a model doing photoshoot.
Another view from the "cave"
It started to drizzle. See the spots, there was actually a tortoise in the water, but my camera couldn't capture it clearly.
I love this fan like leaf. Not sure what it is but it sure can shelter lots of insects and animals from the rain or sun.
I went to Halia Restaurant to escape from the drizzle/rain. In the end, it didn't really rain when I was inside Halia. But it started pouring once I left Halia and that was when I lost my phone. Sigh. Now I am only left with "if onlys".

I ordered an iced halia infused tea or something like that. It was an acquired taste, a bit spicy for tea.
I also ordered a banana crepe with chocolate cream sauce (in the ramekin) and nuts.
This was good. Not too heavy and not too sweet. Perfect for dessert or as a snack.
I decided to sit outside on the patio this time. It was pretty nice, away from the bustle of city-life. Unfortunately I was seated next to a group with children. They were pretty loud, thus destroying the tranquility of the place.
View of the trees from my table. I still like Halia for quiet meals or when I want to be one with nature :p


No comments: