Saturday, March 22, 2008

Seeing the Doc

I went to see the doctor today and spent around 1 hour 45 mins at the clinic. And no, this is not even the Polyclinic. I was 9th in line and yet it took so long :( I realized that there were lots of domestic workers having their medical check up done. So I guess it is better to see the doc on regular days if possible?

Just found out the clinic will be closed every Tues, Thurs and Fri nights now. It is getting so hard to see the doctor.

Besides waiting that long at the clinic, the cost has also gone up? I paid $91 for my pills. 6 different types. I know the migraine pills were the most expensive at $9/pill and I had 6 of that. But otherwise, it is $37, which is kinda the usual? Unfortunately I cannot claim the medical bill, no benefits at the moment :(

So what did I get? Apparently I am still having a slight fever, and there I thought I was kinda ok and only left with the tail end of the flu. So I need the following:
- 2 types of painkillers for the migraine (Naramig is the expensive pill but it really works; I am allergic to most painkillers so not many choices for me)
- lozenges (I prefer Throatsil but this doc only prescribed MAC)
- Korzen: serratiopeptidase (this works marvels for the first feeling of sore throat - it really kills the bacteria or something)
- Panamol (regular panadol stuff for body aches, pains, fever)
- Fendedrin (for runny/stuffed nose; I prefer the yellow pills though)

Haha, it seemed like I already know what to prescribe for myself :p I know which pills really work for me and which are just alright. And yes, for a period of my life, I used to see the doctor almost every month for the common cold/flu. So I get to recognize some pills after a while.

Stress = easy to get sick

So for this Good Friday long weekend, I have to stay home to rest more and sleep more. Bummer :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babe... u stress about what? You started working meh?

You macam tai tai lei...good life everyday get to go out and shop eat etc