Friday, March 21, 2008

Bottega Veneta New Pyramid and Sloane


I saw someone carrying a BV bag the other day at Isetan Scotts supermarket and was enthralled by it :p It was of a greyish or metallic hue, unlike others I have seen before either online or in shop. I thought it was a pretty good size, slightly bigger than the Veneta and had a more squarish base and it came with a zipper top too.

So there began my search for the bag. I narrowed it down to a Pyramid bag.

So then I went down to DFS and asked to see the Pyramid bag. To my disappointment, it was with a flap top magnetic closure. So I thought my research must be wrong then, and thought what I saw was the Sloane. I didn't care for the flap top magnetic closure as it was too cumbersome to get stuff out and I do prefer the zipped top though not in Veneta.

Until I was surfing again and discovered the SA from DFS has actually shown me the wrong bag. The Sloane comes with the flap top with magnetic closure while the New Pyramid comes with a zipped top. So yes, I am back to lemming for the 2 BV bags - Campana and New Pyramid.


BV New Pyramid Bag

Color: Green
• Signature basketwoven leather with brasstone hardware
• Seamless design
• Zip top closure
• 15'' shoulder strap with 5'' drop; fits snug on shoulder
• Suede lining with zip and cell phone pockets
• Measures 13'' at widest x 9'' tall at center x 5'' deep; 2 lbs.
• All measurements are approximate
• Leather; Italy; style #2129279

I do like this color. I believe it is Regent though I may be wrong. I think I would like a New Pyramid bag in this color though you can't go wrong with Ebano too. Then again, I have decided Ebano shall be the color for the Campana :p

BV Sloane Bag

Color: Olive
• Soft basketwoven leather
• Seamless design
• Fold top with magnetic closure
• 8'' shoulder strap with 7'' drop
• Khaki suede lining with zip pocket
• 14¼'' at widest x 8¾'' tall at center x 5½'' deep
• 3 lbs.
• Leather; Italy; style #2122404

Pictures and Product Information from Bluefly.com

1 comment:

celest said...

oooh... i like this olive green, very nice! in fact, i prefer this over the brown one ;) go get it! it's not too flashy, versatile colour... would go especially well with black, white and earth-tones outfits. unique shade..

and good news that the SA showed the wrong bag.. hehe.. so now you can lem again!