Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New Love - Bottega Veneta Campana

I finally went to check out the LV bags which I was lemming for previously. I was seriously disappointed when I saw the Suhali Lockit. The Lockit is too heavy for my liking and I didn't realize the goatskin leather is not soft at all. I don't expect it to be too soft but I didn't know it will be so hard either. I like the structure but the weight is quite a no-no for me as I am a person who tend to carry a lot of things in her bag.

Of the colors I saw, white is still the best. I didn't particularly like the brown (Sienne) or grey (Verone) and blue was never in my plan. I didn't see black but by then I was not that crazy about the Lockit to really want to ask the SA to show me. Then again who knows? A good SA is one who will just bring out all the colors in order to tempt a customer even when a customer did not seem keen.

That is always the #1 "rule" when in retail. The GM in my ex-company always liked to tell the shop staff to encourage the customers to try on the clothes they picked out and to offer them other items to complement the top or bottom the customer has asked to see or offer them in different colors. This is cross/up selling. Sadly, I doubt all the shopfront staff actually do that.

That is really true. Something which you never thought you will like when hanging on the hanger somehow does look different when you are wearing it. Which is why sometimes "see no evil" is good. If you don't see, you don't get tempted. Hahaha.

Anyway, so on we went to check out other bags and finally in Paragon Bottega Veneta, I found a bag I like. Actually I was not even that keen on Bottega as I am not that big a fan on weaved leather. I was more keen on checking out the shoes as I have heard good things about it. But the SA (Joyce) at Paragon was really nice and patient and showed us the bags which my gf was looking at. I took one of the bags to try and dang it! I was hooked by the buttery soft leather (lambskin) and the weight. It was so light. I love it!


My new love - Bottega Veneta Campana in Ebano

So now I am loving the Bottega Veneta Campano in Ebano. I prefer this color as it is not stark black and I am still a simple boring girl who prefers plain bags for work purpose. Too bad the price tag is not simple. Hahahahaha. This is perfect for work even though it is not that structured like the LV Suhali Lockit. It is big enough to dump my stuff and light enough to carry and the color is dark and boring enough too. Since this is a classic piece in a classic color, I have heard that it will never be on sale, so save for it, I must :p

4 comments:

celest said...

ooh, the bottega veneta campana is nice. i prefer this over the prada :P more "classy", and would look great for work, business meetings.

Unknown said...

totally, the bottega veneta campana is chic! personally, the LV Suhali Lockit looks stiff and very 'aunty'. also for shoe lovers, bottega shoes are to die for as well. invest in a pair and you feet will love you.

carolyn said...

celest: i totally agree!

jacquie: you are the reason why I am looking at BV for shoes :p btw the shoes are now going for over $1k, way more than what you paid for years ago. I am waiting for the next season as nothing interests me in the SS'08 collection.

Unknown said...

i've yet to visit BV for a long while. anyhow, their prices vary from seasons. lookout for their seasonal sales, value for money.