Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wild Rocket @ Mount Emily

I saw this lone red hibiscus outside Wild Rocket @ Mount Emily and just had to snap a shot. It looked like a burst of energy amidst the greenery. Too bad my camera is not that great to get the true color of the flower.

I had brunch at Wild Rocket at Mount Emily on Sunday. It was a belated birthday meal with a friend :) After hearing so much about the place and the burger, I just had to try it. It was fairly quiet when we were there around 12noon. More people came in nearer to 1pm though.


Service was prompt. Water glass was topped up regularly without us having to ask. The complimentary bread with cheese on top with olive oil. It was pretty good.

Laksa pesto linguine with prawns and quail eggs - no prawns as my friend is allergic to prawns.

I was a bit disappointed by the staff's reply when we asked if the prawns could be substituted since my friend is allergic to it. The staff said no, the chef did not allow substitution or changing of the item. The best they could do is just add more quail eggs. I felt that was very rigid particularly when the reason to change was due to allergies.

Anyway, the pasta was not that fantastic. It got a bit too jelak after a while. The laksa leaves taste was super strong too.


Me and the Wild Rocket Burger

The Wild Rocket Burger. Nice presentation. Thick beef patty. It was well done, I wonder if I could actually request for medium well as it was a bit tough.
See the juice running when I pressed the fork on the meat. I like the tomato relish, it went very well with the beef.

Dessert - panna cotta infused with pandan. The pandan scent was very strong but surprisingly it was not that discernable when it was in the mouth :p The gula melaka was a nice touch. Interesting taste.

Somehow I don't think I will be going back to Wild Rocket anytime soon. Mainly due to the location. It is so inconvenient if you don't drive and if you drive, parking is a problem also. I walked up and it was a hike!

Location:
Wild Rocket at Mount Emily
Hangout Hotel, 10A Upper Wilkie Road
Tel : 63399448

No comments: