Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fish & Co @ Wheelock Place

I was actually out and about on the 2nd day of CNY. I was so bored so I went to the gym in the afternoon. Orchard Road was still full of people even though most of the shops were closed for the holidays. I walked all the way from California Fitness Orchard to Wheelock Place as I thought of popping by Borders. After seeing the crowd, I decided to have an early dinner instead :p

Fish & Co was opened, as were The Simple Life, Sakae Sushi and Coffee Bean, Starbucks, Borders Bistro and Dairy Queen. I decided on Fish & Co and had a table by the window. That was nice. Relaxing afternoon to read my book and have a light meal. I didn't order the usual fish in the pan thing as I felt that would be too filling and I was not that hungry.

Soup of the Day - Seafood Chowder. The soup was creamy and full of seafood bits (clams, fish, shrimps) and potatoes and carrots. It got a bit watery at the end, I guess that happened when it was left on its own for too long?

Caesar Salad with Smoked Salmon - the greens were crisp and fresh, the dressing was not overpowering rich, the croutons were crunchy and the smoked salmon was not too salty. Pretty good!

A pan of chips to satisfy my "junk food" craving. I didn't know the chips were lightly spiced, very nice! The chips were not oily or soggy at all, even those at the bottom. They were soft inside and crisp outside.

No comments: