Sunday, February 10, 2008

CNY Dinner

We usually have steamboat for the reunion dinner and then to a cousin's place for the 1st day dinner.

I guess the food we had was pretty traditional. It varied. Some years it would be steamboat dinner too, and other years the cooked food.

Dinner was excellent. One of my cousins made the roasted pork which was sublime. I am not a pork person usually as there tend to be a porky taste and I didn't like that. But I was attracted by the roasted skin which was so crispy. Sinful too :p Somehow the marinade and the way it was done didn't impart the porky smell/taste. Tasty and crispy.

The steamed fish was very fresh, likewise for the prawns. The veggies were good (leeks, prawn and asparagus), chicken was tender. The only dish I didn't try was the duck. Usually I am just a seafood and chicken and veggies person. The soup was also very nice (not in pic).

This year there were more people for dinner :) There were 2 tables, and total 3 rounds for the 1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen people.

No comments: