Friday, February 22, 2008

Wedding Cakes

I don't know why but I have been a bit fascinated with wedding cakes. Maybe it was due to the books I have been reading, about bridezilla going into cake shops to taste test for their wedding cakes. So usually in the States (I would assume through my reading), the bride-to-be will get to select the design by looking at the portfolio book and to try the various cakes and fillings available.

Chocolate, vanilla, lemon, strawberry, raspberry, orange, marble, buttercream icing, rolled fondant, ganache...all these words are what would be associated to the cake.

Unfortunately there are not many bakeries in Singapore who specialized in wedding cakes. That could be because not many people actually buy or have real wedding cakes at their wedding. Instead they use the fake or dummy tiered wedding cake provided by the hotels when they hold their wedding dinner banquet there.

The only bakery which I know that does wedding cakes is The Patisser at Ann Siang Road. Here are 2 pictures which I quite like.


I would very much prefer to have a chocolate wedding cake if/when I get married ;p I just wonder how one cut and serve the cake when they are on top of each other. Wouldn't the tier make sense? Then again, that can look quite awful if not done properly. Another option is cupcake wedding cake. But again, I have yet to taste a really great-tasting cupcake which really melts in your mouth due to the lightness in Singapore.

For more information on The Patisser, check out its website.

No comments: