Friday, February 29, 2008

Raffles City Food Court - Ayam Penyet

I have been eating at Raffles City Food Court after Bikram Yoga. I quite like the herbal chicken at the food court. It has plenty of good herby stuff like wolfberries, dates and other things whose names I do not know :p The chili is really good too, kinda reminded me of the corner outlet at Far East Plaza before it moved out a few years back.

Anyway, walking around while deciding on what to have, I decided to try the Ayam Penyet from the Malay stall.


This was definitely not as good as the one at Lucky Plaza. The chicken was tough and the goreng bits were too salty and not as crispy as at Ria Ayam Penyet. The chili was ok. The dark soya sauce was not really kecap manis (gosh! I miss having the ABC kecap manis on fried egg :p) and while it had a bit of sweetness, it just tasted diluted. More like soy sauce with sugar?

Not really the place for ayam penyet at all. The malay stall at IRAS building does a better job of ayam penyet than here. It even included a small portion of the sour soup (Sayur Asem). I really have not had that home-made soup for so many years now.

No comments: