Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bottega Veneta Fall 2008 RTW Collection

I so rarely watch or pay much attention to fashion shows. Yes, quite an irony since I was in working in fashion retail for a while and also participated in fashion shows for the brands I handled. Maybe I was so involved with the show, and making sure clothes/accessories were there, fashion stylists were able to showcase the items to the best advantage and models were able to carry off the clothes, etc that there was hardly time to savor what the public saw.

Anyway, I was browsing Style and saw pictures of Bottega Veneta Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear Collection held in Milan a few days ago for the Fashion Week and love the purple which is more of a bluish-purple. That looked like the bluish-purple which started me onto my love for cosmetics cos I was searching for that eyeshadow shade. The closest I found was Stila Mambo eyeshadow though it was not as brilliant as what I saw.

Enjoy the pictures, from Style.com and credits to Greg Kessler, Don Ashby & Olivier Claisse and Marcio Madeira.




I so LOVE this purple dress. I adore how it drapes over the body. Though I think it will look better on a tall person as it is almost like a column dress.


See the subtle detailing of the dress, which is what Tomas Maier is well-known for. Taking the classics and making it looked new. The flower velvet satin green belt adds a touch of romanticism and whimsical to a simple greyish dress.

Again, I like the blue-purple of the bag. I hope the Veneta will come in this color or the wallets, or even the sloane. So far I only like 2 bag designs from BV - campana and sloane.


I like the rich jade green too. It looks so luxe and understated.

And the shoes! I love the Fall 2008 Collection shoes! I wonder if it will come in maybe 2.5inches too.
This is simple to die for! I love the simple T-strap. It looks to be made of animal skin?

I can't wait for Fall 2008 collection to hit the stores. I love the shoes more than the bags for now. Hahaha.

No comments: