Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pasta de Waraku

I had a light brunch on Thursday with JC at Pasta de Waraku at Central. He has never tried Japanese-influenced Italian food before and was keen to sample it before he left for Canada. It was a tough choice for me to decide on what to have as the selection was so wide.

Too many pastas available, in cream sauce, tomato based and even wafu/wari sauce (made with bonito base). He tried the eel and egg with spaghetti in wari sauce.

I decided to have the side dish of salmon and cheese, and also the set lunch as I wanted to try the carbonara waraku style. JC said he would polish off whatever I couldn't finish (just like back in school :p)

Salad, bread & butter and corn soup. The bread was untouched, salad nibbled a little and soup was finished. I liked the corn soup as it had real corn kernels in it and was just right.

The salmon and cheese with a small side of salad and dip. This was really nice. The cheese was not overpowering. I shared with JC (rather, he took one to try while I finished the rest.) Lol.

Carbonara waraku style with fettuccine. It came with bacon and egg yolk. It was not too bad. I had about 4 forkful before I passed the rest to JC to finish. I think I very much prefer his order of the eel and egg in wari sauce. Somehow it was tastier from the 1 forkful I tried.

Location:
Pasta de Waraku @ Central
6 Eu Tong Seng Street #02-82/83
Tel: +65 6534-8085

No comments: