Monday, February 18, 2008

Footworks @ Orchard

I rarely blog about foot reflexology places as not many places in Singapore impressed me. Those in Orchard i.e. Lucky Plaza, Orchard Plaza etc looked dodgy and are usually simple set up with no ambience whatsoever. Hardly a place to relax and the prices are usually high since they cater more to the tourists, particularly the Japanese tourists. Those in Chinatown while cheaper, looked equally dodgy too.

Despite that, I used to go to one such place in Lucky Plaza (ChoChoSan) as the foot reflexologist who massaged my feet was good and I followed her wherever she was. The last I knew she was working at The Foot Place at Orchard Plaza with her sister (yes, I got to know the people pretty well. I tend to know service staff, particularly those who rendered good service :p).

Imagine my surprise when I saw her working at Footworks @ Orchard in International Building.

I quite like Footworks as the place strived to create an atmosphere designed to enhance the experience. Like in a spa, the receptionist will ask for your pressure preference before assigning a therapist to you. A nice touch is the use of disposable slippers after you leave your shoes on the rack by the door.

Soft music plays in the background with flat screen tv broadcasting the new (Channel News Asia). Headsets are available at each ergonimcally designed chair to listen to the tv. There is a small screen which can slide back if you are with friends or forward to maintain your privacy. The place is bright and professional.

Your feet are soaked in a herbal foot bath before the treatment commences. The guy did a great job in massaging my feet. It was really good. The session ended with an arm, shoulders and back massage. It was likely the best foot reflexology I ever had so far.

Unfortunately it did not come cheap. $45 for 45 minutes of bliss. This was definitely one of the most expensive foot massage I ever had.

Location:
Footworks @ Orchard
#01-04/06 International Building
Tel: 6737 3555
www.footworks.com.sg

Other outlets are at Valley Point and Cold Storage Jelita.

No comments: