Friday, February 15, 2008

Birthday Celebration

(you know you are no longer in your teens when a group of you can no longer finish a small birthday cake :p)

It was a whole day of celebration yesterday, waking up to a flurry of smses and phonecalls from friends and relatives with well wishes.

I met JC for lunch at Pasta at Waruku at Central. I had the side dish and soup and some pasta as I would be meeting another friend for ramen. He polished off the rest of my food as usual, just like he used to do when we were in school :p I missed having guy friends who will help to finish my food. Lol.

After that I met my ex-colleagues (S and V) for coffee at Starbucks, just to catch up. I just had an orange juice but it was good.

That was followed by ramen with Davis. I had been thinking about the Yaki Char Siu ever since I tried it a few weeks back with AF. Unfortunately it was not as good as that time, so I doubt I will go back there any time soon. Then it was off to Footworks @ Orchard for foot reflexology. That was really nice. It was one of the best I ever had. Thank you, Davis :) And it was a small world as I met Sumo there, she was the very first one to massage my feet way back in 2000 or something when I first tried it.

We popped by Isetan Scotts and I picked up my P&J voucher (finally here) and bought a loose powder refill (20% birthday discount - I totally forgot about it) and took the bus down to Heeren. It was more walking and my feet were killing me since I was wearing platform heels and I hardly ever wear high heels now. I am so into birkies or flats now.

It was a slow walk to Crystal Cafe at Orchard Grand Court along Killiney Road where we were to meet the rest of the girls for dinner. After so much food, it was a very light dinner - Teochew Porridge Buffet!

I still like Crystal Cafe for the selection and this time there were fried chicken wings. Yummy! Unfortunately they didn't really refill it. So go early. I like the fermented bean curd and steamed peanuts with the sweet potatoes porridge, plus the egg, tau pok, bean curd, mei cai, salted veggies, sweet potatoes leaves, fried fish. Err...I am not really a braised duck or porky person. Lots of pork bellies and even chicken feet too. Dessert was pulot itam (black glutinous rice porridge) with coconut milk and fruits. Just simple food :)

The girls bought champagne sponge cake from Swissbake. That was really very nice! Also lots of goodies - Crabtree & Evelyn soap from Tanny, sweets from Celest & moi. Plus the birthday gifts. Thank you for coming out for dinner, girls. It was a great time catching up.

After dinner, a few of us went on to the Observation Lounge at Meritus Mandarin for a drink. The walk was a killer on my feet. Lesson learnt, no walking if wearing high heels :p

1 comment:

celest said...

we all had fun! yummy affordable food - teochew too! :9

glad you enjoyed yourself too. and thanks much for the the girly talk late that night at meritus mandarin :)