Monday, February 25, 2008

Fancy Delight Tarts

A friend gave me half a dozen tarts from Fancy Delight. I have never heard of it, but they have 4 outlets including one at Suntec City where these tarts are from.

The tarts are similar to the Hong Kong and Portuguese egg tarts with its smooth egg custard filling and crust. The crust is heavier, not pastry flaky soft. I would describe it as the usual crust one would find in quiche or savory tarts.

6 tarts - chocolate chip, kaya, apple, banana, mushroom chicken

The savory tart (mushroom chicken) reminded me of a quiche with its egginess. The egg filling is definitely not very sweet so it is good for those who prefer that.

I quite like it but it is not really high on my list, as in I would not hunt it down nor would it be etched indelibly in my mind :p I think I still prefer Portuguese egg tart for its flaky crust and sweet egg custard filling.

Check website for locations:
Fancy Delight

No comments: