Friday, February 08, 2008

Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao @ Holland Village

I am never a big fan of Crystal Jade as one of my first experiences dining at a Crystal Jade was an outlet serving Cantonese cuisine. I didn't particularly care for the noodles and congee, maybe because I always had that when living in Canada and there were not many choices for Chinese food or rather, Chinese food is usually Cantonese food over there.

When Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao opened, I quickly became a fan of its Xiao Long Baos (pork dumpling with a tasty broth inside the dumpling) and Zha Jiang La Mian (minced meat noodles). That became my usual dishes whenever I dined there.

I decided to try something else at my last visit with C.

Beef noodles in spicy sauce. I forgot the actual name. The soup was the ma-la type, but luckily it was not that mind-numbing hot or tasteless. The beef slices were tender but there were only a few pieces, the picture showed more :p The noodles that day were not al dente at all, a bit soft and soggy.

I love this! Spicy pork dumplings. I think I love it because of the vinegar in the spicy sauce. The meat was tender and the skin was so soft it just slid down the throat. I would definitely order this again.

No comments: