Monday, July 20, 2009

Bangers & Mash @ Taka Food Hall

I was in Takashimaya a few weeks ago and decided to just try one of those tiny food stalls near the escalator. Wandering around, deciding between fish and chips or the Japanese fried food when I decided to try the bangers and mash. I was sold by the mashed potatoes as I was craving a good nice mashed potatoes which would be creamy and rich and smooth.

Unfortunately the mashed potatoes from this place was anything but that. It seemed to come from an instant mix. Bleah. The sausages were garlic herb chicken which were not too bad. Then again, how badly could you mess up sausages?

Sigh, I need to go buy potatoes so that I can make my own mashed potatoes. Buttery rich, creamy with milk and sprinkled with freshly grind black pepper. A pinch of taste for taste and mashed it all up and you will be good to go.

2 comments:

red fir said...

Try the beer battered fish and chips next time! It's not too bad, decent! I like the salmon one. :)

carolyn said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Will give it a try next time :)