Monday, July 06, 2009

Lerk Thai @ Takashimaya Food Hall

If I happened to find a free table at the Food Hall inside Takashimaya Shopping Center, I would usually order from either the Vegetarian stall (some dishes could be cold if after the usual lunch or dinner hours) or the nasi padang. I hardly order from the Thai stall (Lerk Thai) though it was not too bad. I decided on the basil chicken rice set which was at quite an affordable price. I could not remember the price now but I remembered it was not too bad as it came with a choice of drink from the fountain.
The minced chicken with cut chilies, basils and onions. It was not too bad but seriously, the best basil chicken I had so far was still in Bangkok, off the main roads, almost an alley way food stall. The Hakka basil chicken rice set from Thunder Tea Rice at Suntec's Food Republic was also very nice.

Tom yum seafood soup which was spicy and kicked a punch. The seafood pieces were not that great. They did not seem very fresh.


The stir fried kailan or veggies to complete the meal with its fibre though I wondered how healthy it really was with the oil glistening off them.

I still think salad or steamed veggies would retain any nutritional value better than cooking till they are limp.

No comments: