Thursday, July 02, 2009

Royal Copenhagen @ Takashimaya

It has been some time since I last went to Royal Copenhagen and it has made some changes. The menu is one of them. A bright fuchsia pink menu which seemed a bit odd.
Since we were there before 6pm, we were just in time for the tea menu. I had the tea platter for two as I wanted both scones and sandwiches plus the pastries (actually cakes). So I had 2 drinks. This was the house tea which was a bit too strong for my liking. I love the fine china used though.

The scones with butter, whipped cream and jam. They were not that fantastic at all. A bit run of the mill. Should have just skipped this.

The fruit platter which my friends ordered. Looked great. 5 types of fruits and a sherbet.

The open-faced sandwiches which were not too bad. Smoked salmon wrapped with eggs and shrimps over a tiny piece of toast.

My second drink - coffee- which was so much better than the tea. I simply adore good coffee. It just goes so well with pastries, especially donuts.

There were not that many choices left in the display case and so I had the chocolate tart and lemon cheesecake. The chocolate tart was very good. Rich and not so sweet. The cheesecake was not too bad.

No comments: