Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SLII Muffins

I saw the muffin man and just could not resist buying them. There were many flavors which also included durian muffin. I decided to go for the basic and bought 3 banana and 3 chocolate chips. There was a promotion then, buy 5 and get another one free. So I paid $6 for half a dozen. Not too bad.

The banana muffin was quite sweet. Then again, banana cake, muffin or anything is always sweet. It was very nice. The chocolate chip muffin was still warm when I bought it. I loved how the top was crispy hard, especially at the edges. The body was soft and a bit fluffy, not dry at all. I wished they used better quality chocolate chips though. You could taste the sugar in the chocolate chips. Then again, I am quite a chocolate snob :p

It reminded me of the muffins I always had in Canada from Mmmarvellous Mmmuffins. Those were so so so good! My breakfast or tea break. I miss the banana nut, butterscotch pecan and chocolate chip muffins. My favorites!

There are 3 locations. Marina Square Food Loft, Golden Mile and Tampines. Sometimes they have kiosks in other malls. I bought mine from Heartland Mall. Apparently they operate there for 2 weeks every month till September 2009.

No comments: