Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Shape Run 2009 Runners' Kit + Nike Finisher Bracelet

The route for Shape Run 2009. See the many turns for this year.
The booths and various points around the Millenia Walk area. So confusing.

I finally got around to taking a picture of the goodies inside the Runners' Kit, the things which everyone told me made Shape Run so popular. Since Shape Run is the only "Run" I have participated in, I don't really know what are the usual items given out at other runs or marathons.

All I know is that the registration fee for Shape Run has gone up steadily. Maybe that is to cover the goodies (but, they are all sponsored!) or the manpower or for the baggage deposit counter. Did you know that you have to pay to deposit your bags at the Great Eastern Run? Yes, you have to pay and reserve in advance since there are only 2000 slots for that.


So what is inside the Runners' Kit? Lots of samples which I hardly use.
- Complete multi-purpose solution
- LYNK pain and itch cream
- Osteocare calcium magnesium tablets
- Vicks vapodrops
- Madara face moisturizer
- MotorImage phone dangler
- Ligo raisins
- H2O isotonic drink (the only thing I drank on that day itself)
- O.B. tampons
- Kellogg's Special K cereals
- Nature Valley oats and honey bar
- Natural sunflower and canola oil
- Counterpain
- Nescafe 3-in-1 high calcium and collagen sachets
- Dr. Jointpain cream
- Equal sweetener
- Ginvera spa shower series sachets (Apricot, Lavender and collagen/ginger)
- Sunplay sunscreen lotions
- Numerous spa or fitness centers vouchers for either free trials or special rates from Fitness First, Amore, True Fitness, Fitness Werkz, focuspilates, Body Contours, Royal Secrets, Ahava, Parkway Health, Madara, Rustic Nirvana)

There are definitely more food items than last year and more vouchers too. I think I should start planning my schedule to try the various places :p
And this is the item which quite upset several runners who did not get it. The Finisher Bracelet from Nike.
I like the quote printed on the box. That is very inspiring indeed.

"What's amazing isn't that YOU finished. What's amazing is that YOU had the courage to start."

Often the stumbling block is getting to the starting line. To start anything at all.


A bit blurry, the other side of the charm - Shape Run 09 Finisher. A very nice momento to remember the race.

What got the runners upset was that not everyone managed to get the bracelet as some people took more than they should. So the 8,800 pieces prepared by Nike could not meet the demand.

What was funny was that I did not even notice that the bracelets were given out by "Hunks" which was the USP for Nike media angle. They looked like boys or teenagers to me, not hunks at all. Apparently they were dressed in tuxs too but I just could not remember anything at all. Lol. Too tired after running to notice much.

I did not even know there will be a finisher bracelet to be given out until the race itself when my gf told me about it. Even then I was only vaguely aware that Nike would be giving out something. So I managed to get a box after I completed the race because I saw it was Nike. Otherwise I would have missed out on it too.

Another gf then told me it was mentioned in My Paper which since I did not read, I would not know about it.

Hope the results will be out by this weekend. I would like to know the actual net time I did.

No comments: