Friday, July 24, 2009

Cafe Swiss Dinner Buffet

There seemed to be lots of good deals on food right now. Cafe Swiss over at Swissotel the Stamford is also doing a 1 for 1 buffet till the end of the Great Singapore Sale. Who knows if it will be extended. I used to like this place before it changed to being Cafe Swiss. Right now I just could not recall the old name where they served pretty good Thai/Vietnamese noodles soup and other stuff. Right now, Cafe Swiss specializes in Swiss and Asian food for the dinner buffet.
There were plenty of salads to choose from and the appetizers were distinctly more European. Being Swiss, there were lots of cheese too. I liked the pastry puff thing which contained some sort of pate. It might be liver but it sure did not taste like it. So yummy.


There was cheese fondue with bread. That was not too bad and the cheese was very strong. Now I remembered why I was never a huge fan of fondues (cheese or otherwise). The sashimi was average, not super fresh like at Greenhouse over at Ritz Carlton.

My only plate from the mains section and I did not finish it as I was so full by then. There were rosti, bangers, onion tart, black pepper beef and others. A nice mix of Asian and Swiss dishes.



There was raclette! I simply loved raclette, ever since I tried it in Banff long time ago. The raclette cheese was scraped off after being heated up and it melted. It was so good. Sprinkled with paprika and had it with the gerkins and pickled onion pearls and baby potatoes. Sweet! The roast beef was equally good too.

Some of the desserts were also Swiss. I only liked the chocolate mousse which was rich and dark.


My coffee which was pretty strong. I did not care much for the square of cinnamon sweet.

The sparkly light above. The place is pretty nice. Spacious and simple.

No comments: