Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Grandma's @ Orchard Parade Hotel

I read some pretty good reviews about the assam laksa at Grandma's and ordered it. The soup was sourish and it was not too bad. I just wished there were more ingredients as after the fish was gone, it just seemed to be noodles and onions. The prawn paste was served on the side which was a nice touch as not many people do like the prawn paste. Personally I still prefer the assam laksa from Chili Padi at Tangs Basement. That was so much more spicy and sour and flavorful.

Feeling unsatisfied, I decided to order the bubor cha cha. I am not usually a big fan of it but somehow decided to try it. It was quite good. Sweet, lemak with sago seeds and bits of sweet potatoes and yam cubes. The portion was tiny though but it was just enough not to get too sick of it.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Penang Assam Laksa, as I've read in the cooking tips, is a noodles in tangy fish and it's no easy to prepare. I love soup that's why I appreciated this Malaysian soup.