Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Le Tanglin Boulangerie Cafe, Tanglin Mall

I decided to try the lunch set at the Le Tanglin Boulangerie Cafe (what a name!) over at Tanglin Mall last month. It has been years since I last had a meal there. It was quite a mistake as this was not very good at all.

The pumpkin soup did not really taste of pumpkin at all and was a bit watery. The duck wrap was barely palatable and the salad was average. Maybe I should have just stick with ordering the ham and cheese toasties which was what I remembered liking previously.

On another visit, I ordered the baked potato with cheese and broccoli. That was a disaster as well. Maybe to be fair, I was expecting the baked potato to be done like it was served at the Wendy's in Canada. Huge baked potato in its jacket topped with really creamy processed cheesey cheese (like those cheese dip with nachos you get in the cinemas or similar to the mac & cheese from Kenny Rogers) and bits of broccoli. I felt so "cheated" when I saw a slice of barely melted cheddar cheese on the potato with broccoli and sour cream and bacon bits. What a disappointment.

Sigh...it is just so hard to find really nice baked potatoes served with all the works. Sinful but oh so delicious. Butter, sour cream, chives and bacon bits. Yummy.

On the other hand, the sugar donuts from the bakery side are really nice if you are hankering for the old school traditional donut (i.e. not those light as air glazed donuts from Donut Factory).

No comments: