Saturday, February 27, 2010

Plum Pumps from Guess

I guess it has to happen some time. After raving about Guess sandals being so comfortable and not giving me any blisters or problems at all, it finally struck.

I bought this pair of pretty pumps in plum. I fell in love with the color and the height of the shoes. Despite being 2" or so, it did not feel very high at all and was pretty soft and comfy when I tried it on. I felt I could even run in them.

After walking 15 minutes or so in it, my feet were screaming for relief. I had blisters on both feet at each side of the foot. Little toe and big toe got the brunt of the blisters. This was probably the case of feet not fitting into the shape of the shoes.

The shoes have a pointy tip and my feet are not the slimmest of all. So by trying to fit into the shoes, the feet are being squeezed and pinched at the side. Walking probably caused the friction and the eventual blisters.

I still love the shoes so hopefully they will get softer and wider over time.

No comments: