Friday, February 05, 2010

XL Breakfast Set at Hediard's

I do like to go to Hediard's when I feel like having a leisurely simple breakfast. Being French, it is continental style with bread, rolls or danishes with hot chocolate, tea or coffee. It is nothing like the big breakfast we are used to, either the American style or the British fry-up with its bacon and sausages and scrambled eggs and baked beans.

Instead I get 2 slices of toast with butter, as well as honey and jam served in individual mini pots. You can also bring back the jam and honey if you do not finish them. Then you get a choice of pastry (pain au chocolat for me) and beverage (I chose hot chocolate) which came with a madeleine. You can add the smoked salmon if you get the other breakfast set. Personally I think it is a bit too much of smoked salmon so it would be good to just share it with someone else.

The requisite egg came in the form of a soft-boiled egg sitting in its own egg cup. There is something quite quaint about it. Maybe because it is hardly seen or served now.

Ahhhh.....there is something to be said about having a simple and delicious satisfying meal.

3 comments:

celest said...

the egg looks lovely!
makes me wanna have breakfast just for its sake.. hehe :)

carolyn said...

Hehehe. It is still my fave spot for a light (read = continental) breakfast. I can just live on the toast and jam and butter with the thick hot chocolate. Yummy!

stardust979 said...

oh egg in an egg cup! :) So nostalgic. Very quaint and nice breakfast! I rem. using egg cup to eat when young, couldn't get used to it!