Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Shopping Haul

So I didn't buy much except for the shower gels and cosmetics. Sephora is really heaven ;p There are just so many things in there. It is a pity that different Sephora carries different brands. But the usual suspects I have seen in all 4 Sephoras are Stila, Bare Escentuals, Too Faced, Benefit, Shiseido, Dior, Cargo, NARS, Urban Decay, Smashbox, Bliss, Decleor, Philosophy, Pop Beauty, Bourjois, Clarins, Fresh, L'Occitane, LORAC, Make Up Forever, Sugar and Vincent Longo. There are more brands than this in each Sephora, but these are what I can recall seeing in all 4 shops. I am excluding the fragrance brands as there are even more available :p

My loot (with flash) in Seattle: Stila Noire Palette, Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box with mini primer lotion, Laura Geller Baked to Perfection Set, Laura Geller duo eyeshadow in Sweet Pea, MAC LE eye kohl in Jealous from Alexander McQueen Collection and OPI Lincoln Park At Night

The Laura Geller set is really a good buy with 3 full sized MSF-like powders (Balance-n-Brighten, Ethereal Rose Baked Powder (pink pearl), Blush-n-Brighten in Roseberry (golden pink berry), 1 full sized baked marble eyeshadow duo (Water Lily/Wood Forest -sheer metallic lilac/deep brown gold shimmer), 1 full sized mascara and 1oz. of primer. ). All that for only US$60. The Ethereal Rose is already US$28 on its own.

Close up of Stila Noire Palette and Urban Decay Deluxe Eye Shadow Box

The UD Eye Shadow Box is really a good buy is US$36 as you get to try 9 colors (and we all know it is so darn hard to finish 1 eye shadow) and the full size deluxe eye shadow is already US$17 each. Plus it comes with a small vial of its very popular "must-buy" eye primer. Now I'm so glad I never buy the full sized es when I was at Singapore Budget Terminal last year (no more UD in Singapore now).

I am still contemplating if I should buy the UD 24/7 eyeliner travel set with 5 colors - Lucky, Zero, Covet, Electric, and Lust. I already have Covet which I love! UD 24/7 el is really good as it just glides on so easily. But at US$29 for 5 travel size, I am not so sure I want to splurge as I am not sure I will use all the colors. Maybe I will go try them on my eyes next time. It costs US$15 each for full sized.

Starbucks Mug featuring its very first store at Pike Place

I collect Starbucks City mugs, those super big size but lately I stop buying unless the design is really pretty and I like it. So far my favourite is the one I bought in Houston. Plus at home, my dad and sister kept using my Vegas mug. Surprisingly I hardly see many City mugs now. Maybe they have discontinued it.

My bath products loot from Gap, Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works

I'm crazy, yes I know. Now I wonder how I am going to lug all these back since they are so heavy! And my suitcase allowance is only 23kg each. Empty suitcase already weighs 4-5kgs, these are around 4 kgs in total. But seriously, shower gels are sooooo my weakness. I think I am all shopped out from shower gels now. These can last me for a year or at least 8 months. Shower gel ban again. My only excuse is that these are not available in Singapore :p

Bath & Body Works shower gels

Gap Scents: Body Scrub, Shower Gel and EDT

I still love Gap Dream. That was my signature scent when in school over here. It is just so light with a hint of freesia and orange.

I have to say it again - I LOVE Sephora! Lol. I still have not plonked down money for Fresh fragrance. I like the Sugar Lychee and Mangosteen scent but at US$65-US$75, I need to re-think many many times. Also I am tempted by Philosophy Falling in Love fragrance and the shower gels sets. There is still Cargo blusher which I have yet to buy. I want to try Catalina (highly raved), Tonga, The Big Easy, Polynesia, etc. US$24 each is not cheap. I think I am over NARS though the eyeshadows are tempting too. Cargo eye shadows also look very pretty. And Make Up Forever and Smashbox and Vincent Longo. Lol. Basically so many brands!

My verdict on Too Faced: Very pretty packaging, but the color pay-off is minimal. Not very pigmented but great for people who prefer a lighter look. So I am not so attracted by Too Faced anymore. Good for wallet :p

No comments: