Saturday, November 03, 2007

Vancouver Iron Chef - Rob Feenie

Okay, despite my love for food, I am not those who revere chefs or own cook books by renowned chefs e.g. Nigella Lawson, Jamie Oliver, Bill Granger, etc. So this is quite another frivolous post cos I just wanna show that I took a picture with Rob Feenie - aka Iron Chef Vancouver because he has "won a battle against Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto on the Food Network's "Iron Chef America" (from wiki) - at the Women's Expo held in Canada Place, Vancouver 2 weeks ago ;p

I still don't really know who/what he is besides the fact that he owns or is the executive chef at two restaurants in Vancouver which are highly acclaimed - Lumiere and Feenie's.

Feenie's seemed to be a contemporary restaurant which kinda reminded me of Marmalade Pantry in Singapore. I have not been there yet, so I am basing it on the website and menus.

Lumiere is an upscale restaurant serving French cuisine and has won numerous awards. It is similar to Les Amis Au Jardin with its degustation menu.

Location of Feenie's
ADDRESS 2563 West Broadway Vancouver, BC V6K 2E9
TELEPHONE +1. 604.739.7115

Location of Lumière Restaurant
Relais Gourmand
2551 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6K 2E9
Phone : +1. 604.739.8185

No comments: