Monday, August 31, 2009

Best Poem in the World - Anon

A friend sent a forwarded mail to me and I thought it was pretty good, and something to think about, reflect upon.

BEST POEM IN THE WORLD

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

'And why's everyone so quiet,
So sombre - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'

JUDGE NOT.

Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Hahahahaha! I LOVE this phrase which is so true and funny. I am so tired of people who think they are holier than thou just because they go to church every Sunday, yet sometimes their behavior for the rest of the week is something to think about.

It is really so hard not to judge, but it is something I always try to strive for. Maybe that is why I always try not to bother about what others think cos if I do, then I will try to analyze and then I will be judging. And by my above statement, I know it also has some form of judgement in it. So yes, I am still a sinner trying hard to live a life which will be pleasing to God.

Another analogy which Candace Cameron Bure (actress from Full House) used in a video of her testimony was pretty good too. It was something she read and stuck with her.

"When you take a white sheet and place it on the grass, it looks very white. Yet when you take the same white sheet and place it on the snow, it does not look so white anymore."

It means that when you compare yourself to others whose behaviors are worse than yours when based on current yardstick e.g. stealing, drugs, killing, etc, then you seem to be a very good person because you are not doing criminal acts. But when your "good" behavior is measured against God's yardstick, then it may not so good after all.

For Candace, she based God's yardstick on The Ten Commandments, and so she tries to follow the 10 commandments which she says will be what God will be looking at during Judgement Day.

Every saint has a PAST....
Every sinner has a FUTURE!

Amen!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We, who are under grace dun live under 10 commandments anymore cos we will surely fail. Cos grace and law dun go together and failing one is failing all. One of my fav pastor said, we all believers will definitely go to heaven when we die. We all have a sure ticket to heaven cos our Father loves us so much and the grace guarantee His faithfulness to this promise of His. Remember that Jesus died for our sin? So no matter what we had done, is currently doing,will do, He will still hv all the grace to forgive us... with that security, the question is... how do you make your earth living a heavenly one as well. Do you want to continue doing the wrong thing and wait till you die and go to heaven or start living wth joy and happiness now and treating earth like heaven...
Sweetie, just remember the bigger is your trial now, the bigger is your future...your season will come *hugs*