Friday, August 07, 2009

Marcelli Family Series - Susan Mallory


I recently discovered books by Susan Mallory after I started on The Bakery Sisters trilogy series. Sweet Talk, Sweet Spot and Sweet Trouble. It was a fun read. Fast paced with witty dialogues made the ride over so soon.

So I started searching for more of her books and managed to read these too:

Standalone books
Falling for Gracie
Accidentally Yours
Sweet Success
Married for a Month

Buchanan Saga Series
Tempting
Sizzling
Irresistible
Delicious

Finally, the Marcelli Family Series. There are 5 in the series. I read The Marcelli Princess (book 5) first as that was one which I saw most often in the bookstore. I love it after reading that and so started my search for the rest of the series.

It was a tough search as the series was old, and thus not in stock for most of the bookstores. I tried the various books rental/sellers stores and finally hit jackpot. 2 from 2 different stores.

The Sparkling One
The Sassy One
The Seductive One
The Marcelli Bride

Good news is that they will be re-issued in 2010 with new covers so you can soon find them in the bookstores.

So I have finally finished the Marcelli Family. It is like a soap opera on daytime telly. I am amazed by her plots and keeping track of everyone throughout the five books.

It centered on an Italian-Irish family, with 2 grannies, a cantankerous grandfather, the patriach of the family. A family winery. Feud with neighbouring winery. Twins. 4 sisters, a long lost brother who was given up for adoption. The navy SEAL. President's daughter. Prince of another country. Hot shot lawyer. Family sewn wedding gown. Food. Rosaries. CEO of security company. Psychology. Divorced with daughter. Deception. Forgiveness. Stubbornness. Humor. Whirlwind.

The elements which made the romance novels industry a success. Now I am wondering if I should just keep the books and then get The Marcelli Princess again just to complete the series for keeping.

It was basically a book a day. I just wanted to devour them all to find out what happened.

The Buchanan series was equally gripping. There is a new series now - Lone Star Sisters (Titan family) - that I have yet to start. Probably because I have not seen any of the books in the bookstores. Probably all sold out by now.

No comments: