Saturday, August 01, 2009

Mini Pot Noodles, Food Republic at Wisma Atria

I used to order this at the old food court at HarbourFront Centre a few years ago. It was basically one the dishes where I could just have a few spoonfuls of noodles and finish the rest of the ingredients and soup. That was when I was on my no/low starch diet.

Being in Food Republic for lunch meant I finally got the chance to order the fried dumplings. They were always sold out when I got to the stall around 8+ pm. Considered pricey at $2 or $2.50 for just 4 pieces.

I like the "mouse tail" noodles (or short rice noodles) as I am always partial to rice noodles. Vermicelli (bee hoon), flat noodles (kway teow) and this. It is very nice with the sauces, especially when doused with vinegar. It just gives a kick and taste to the noodles.

The soup was flavorful and generous with the veggies and meat and balls. I just adore the meatball. Maybe I should request for more of that and not the minced meat or meat at all.

No comments: