Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Dunkin' Donuts, ION Orchard

After a pretty long hiatus, Dunkin' Donuts came back to Singapore again. Pretty exciting, to have it here again. Being Dunkin' Donuts, do not expect Krispy Kreme style donuts with its soft fluffy sweet glazed donuts. Dunkin' Donuts' donuts are the traditional heavier version with more bite to them and not as sweet.
I ordered a set. Donut and coffee, so classic. The donut (can't remember the name) was quite normal. Dense with dark chocolate coating and chocolate balls decorating half its surface.

I must confess I still prefer Donut Factory donuts as I prefer my donuts to be light as air. However, I do hope Dunkin' Donuts will survive its 2nd appearance in Singapore. We do need more variety. At $1.40 each, it is certainly more pricey than the others.

2 comments:

celest said...

my colleague bought 3 boxes over the weekend and brought them in for us. lol. donuts overload.. but he bought mostly regular sugared ones (which weren't as exciting :P).

perhaps cuz it's kept overnight and not as fresh (or cuz it's not the the fancy flavoured one), i didn't like it, too hard, too dry, i didn't finish it :(

i still like donut factory or krispy kreme!

carolyn said...

Oh yes, but the plain glazed donuts from Donut Factory and Krispy Kreme are so good though I still find KK to be very sweet :p

I just bought half a dozen of donuts from Donut Factory. Still soft but it would be better heated up. Then it would be like biting into cloud.