Monday, August 31, 2009

Din Tai Fung, Wisma Atria

It is always crowded during dinner time (or actually most times) in the Orchard area. You will see long lines at most food places. ION, Wisma, Taka and Wheelock are packed with people waiting for a table, and much worse on weekends.

So we ended up at Din Tai Fung and joined the wait which was about 30mins. Thankfully they served the dishes fast and you would usually have your order ready by the time you were seated.
We decided to have the spinach appetizer and it was good. Fresh and crunchy with light seasoning.
Next up was the xiao long bao which was still good. Translucent skin with a flavorful broth and meat inside.

The zhajiang noodles took some getting used to as there were beans in there. I guessed I was more used to the version at Crystal Jade.


The promo item ~ chili crab dumpling ~ for the Singapore Food Festival. There were 4 pieces, J was too hungry and took one immediately.

Crabmeat over meat with a chili crab gravy broth inside the dumpling. I felt a bit cheated as I thought it would be only crabmeat inside the dumpling. I did not expect the pork at all. The chili crab broth was a bit sweet. So I did not like this dish much, I thought it was just so-so.

The shrimp dumpling soup was also average, not that memorable at all.


No comments: