Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Massage at Touche, Palais Renaissance

After postponing my massage appointment at Touche over at Palais Renaissance a few times, I finally made it there. Utilizing the voucher which I received from Shape Run 2009, I had a free rose body scrub and a massage which I added on for a trial fee.

This was my first time to Touche at Palais Renaissance and I could safely say it would be my last. It was on Level 4 and I did not realize the escalators in the main building only get up to Level 3. I had to take the elevator to Level 4.

Basically above level 3 of Palais Renaissance was where offices are housed, not the mainstream or luxury boutiques and restaurants. So I felt a bit strange to walk to Touche as it felt like I was walking to an office unit. The reception area of Touche was pretty standard with the burning of essential oil and soft music playing in the background.

The staff were polite and service was decent. The restroom was located outside at the end of the corridor. Initially I thought the office across from the restroom was a domestic helper agency as I saw the helpers all standing outside in a row, waiting. Then I realized the office was a pre-school or early childhood learning school and the helpers were all waiting for their charges.

These factors were still acceptable as the massage and service were usually key to having a good experience though ambience and place play a part too.

The therapist was pretty good and had firm strong hands to knead the muscles. But my main gripe was with the room. It was the tiniest room I have ever been to.
Barely room to be in between the door and bed. It was that small a room. The therapist told me she used to bang into the wall when massaging when she first started as there was just no room at all.
Hardly any space between the sink and the bed and the wall. See the marking on the wall? It was caused after prolong rubbing against it, probably by the therapist.

There was another door leading into the bathtub and portable shower which was shared by another treatment room. So there were 3 sliding doors for the bath/shower room and people could just enter when you were showering even though there was a shower screen for privacy.

The portable type of shower meant that it was a very plasticky type of space. I was told to wear the flip-flops into the shower area and then I realize the drainage was very slow so I was standing in a pool of water while showering. It also took a long time for the water to subside so I just rinse my foot one at a time before stepping out.

The total treatment was pretty short too. When I made the appointment, I was told it would take about 90mins. But my entire treatment took just 60mins or so. Very short for a body scrub and massage. I told the receptionist the massage was very short when she asked me how I found the service. She said it was a trial so it was only 45minutes. I still felt it was short than that as how could you squeeze in a body scrub, shower time and massage in 60minutes when the massage was already 45minutes?

I doubt I will go back to Touche again as the room was just too small. I have been to the outlet in Bugis are and it was equally small but I did not recall it as being that small. Then again, I only tried the eye mask at the Touche in Bugis.

No comments: