Saturday, September 05, 2009

Red Roses in Room

There is something about flowers which can make a bad day go good, or lift up the mood or just to brighten the room and makes everything look better.

Flowers and plants add warmth and life into the rooms or places. That is probably the reason why some doctors' offices have them, or restaurants, offices and other establishments. I am never really a flower person, as in I don't go ga-ga over them. They are nice to have, pleasant to look at but not a must in my life.

I start to look at flowers differently after staying with JH when in Canada. She loves flowers and will always buy them to add a cheer to her place. It also helps that her then bf, now husband works in a nursery auction place and always has leftover flowers destinated for the dump, and he will bring bring lots of flowers for her. Everyday, there will be flowers everywhere, at least 5 vaseful. In the kitchen, bedroom, living room and work area. It really made the place very welcoming and cheerful.

So I was feeling a little down recently and when I passed by the flowers displayed at the supermarket, I just picked up the red roses to cheer myself up. It worked! Smelling the sweet rosy scent made me feel better. Putting the roses into the vase and looking at them brought a smile to the face.

In fact, I feel quite liberated to buy the roses as usually the flowers I received were gifts from others. I think I want to make it a habit to buy flowers once a week so that I will have something beautiful to look at when I am home.

No comments: