Monday, September 28, 2009

Saturday Dinner Buffet @ Greenhouse, Ritz Carlton

We went to Greenhouse at Ritz Carlton for dinner on Saturday since we were already right smack in the Formula 1 area. It would be a hassle to get out and get back in again. That was the quietest I have ever seen the Greenhouse.

We got there around 830pm and it was pretty empty. The diners either were staying in the area or involved in the F1 Grand Prix. I saw a very good-looking dark-haired Italian guy who looked like he is a model or racer or something. He looks familiar but I cannot place him. He was with with an older man and two beautiful blondes. F1 just brings all the beautiful people together.

My cold plate of salmon sashimi and oysters and a california roll. There were more cold food such as cold crab, clams, mussels, prawns, lobsters (or were they crayfish) and various sushi and sashimi.
I was a bit disappointed that the mushroom truffle soup was not available, but the crabmeat soup was equally yummy. It was like shark fin soup without the shark fin. I loved the tasty thick broth which was not too starchy and filled with lots of crabmeat.

My one and only main. Sin Chew fried beehoon, braised beef, miso dory and caesar salad. The beehoon was so yummy. I liked it! The braised beef was very tender and melted in the mouth and the miso dory was so good too. The salad was crisp and fresh, making it refreshing to the palate.

There were black pepper crabs, garoupa, more veggies, duck breast meat, prawns and other stuff which I did not take. Nor did I take anything from the Indian station.

Finally, my dessert of fresh fruits. Jackfruit and dragonfruit. For once, I did not take anything from the sweets section. No cakes or ice cream. I was just so stuffed from the gorgeous tea over at a friend's place that I was all "sweet-out".

This must be the most healthy meal I had at Greenhouse for a long time. I also did not take any of the coffee or tea as I already had 3 of that earlier in the day.

Note:
I did notice that the wait staff changed the cutlery when I started on the fruits/dessert section. I usually did not pay attention to that until a friend brought up that most places do not change your cutlery unless requested. And that was also the time they would usually offer you coffee or tea when they saw the dessert plates.

1 comment:

celest said...

i think for that evening, it's the company that really counts ;) plus we've all had such a sweet lovely tea-time meal earlier that day...