Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Old Town White Coffee @ East Coast Parkway

I have been drinking Old Town White Coffee instant coffee mix more than I ate at the outlets since the office only stocked that. I like the coffee as it is strong and robust, plus there is a 2-in-1 mix which excludes sugar.

However I am not used to the coffee served over at the outlet as it just tastes different from the mix. You need to add your own sugar and frankly, I much prefer to add condensed milk than sugar. Maybe that is the reason for its popularity? Because its coffee is different from other coffee places like Killiney and Ya Kun.


The chicken rendang nasi lemak is so good. The rice is lemak (very coconut-flavored) and the chili is gorgeous with pieces of ikan bilis (anchovies) and strips of onions in it. The chicken rendang is super yummy. Soft and tender with rendang gravy over it. It is quite a huge portion so it will be nice to share.

The fried mee siam is not too bad also. I'm strange, I actually prefer those packets of fried mee siam that are sold in 7-11 or cold storage :p The portion is slightly smaller as it is only available during breakfast hours.

Somehow I don't find their french toast or kaya toast that nice, when compared to the other places or even the neighborhood coffee shops. I think it is only the food which is not too bad.

Location
902 East Coast Parkway #01-08/09
Blk B Playground @ Big Splash
Tel: +65 6344 4404

No comments: