Friday, September 25, 2009

2009 F1 Singapore Grand Prix

The 2009 Formula 1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix is here again. The cars, equipment, people and drivers have been trickling in since last week. This year, I will get the opportunity to be there.

Totally unexpected but definitely welcome :) I don't profess to be a big fan of F1 or car racing. I watched it on television last year and I was a bit bored. It helped that I was home and was able to multitask with reading and texting my friends about it.

I am given a pass for today's practice round and it is for the Pit Grandstand! Amazing! Being able to be there is already exciting for me, but to be at the Pit Grandstand is just awesome! It means I can access all zones except the Paddock Club area. For those who are curious, the Pit Grandstand is the 2nd most expensive ticket at $1,488 for 3 days. When you break it up, it is about $500 per day which may not be too bad for ardent fans. After all, people do pay $500 to watch Kylie in concert.

I think it is also a blessing that I am not working at the moment, as that means I can be there early and just walk around the circuit. This will be my workout of the month. Hahahahaha. I cannot wait to go later and just soak up the fun and atmosphere and generally be part of the festivities.

It is just a pity that Backstreet Boys and Travis are not performing today but I will still get to watch other performers. Now if only NKOTB is performing, then I will definitely shell out the big bucks to watch them. Hahahaha.

Last year I could only hear the sounds of the cars whizzing past from my workplace (windows faced the wrong direction) and this year I will be there. A big "THANK YOU" to my friend who had a spare pass and thought to give it to me :)

2 comments:

stardust979 said...

Lucky! Was there today very noisy haha! :) Tried to eat at a place furthest from the noise but very exciting! hope you enjoyed it!

carolyn said...

thanks! i sure did :) i heard the loud noises on saturday too! from a hotel in the area :D

hope you managed to digest your food well in the loud setting. hehehe.