Sunday, August 23, 2009

White Spot ~ Canada

I was reading about White Spot and it reminded me of the meals I used to have when I was a student. There was a White Spot joint right on campus and it has served many. The famous burger with its Triple-O sauce and the huge pickle on the side.

I love its veggie burger, Jack Monterey burger and the original. The fries were always crispy and hot. And the milkshake...ooohhh...it is still the best milkshake I ever had. The strawberry milkshake has real bits of strawberries in it and can be a meal on its own. It is that thick and creamy and filling.

Reading more about White Spot, it seemed that it is trying to go upscale with its restaurants and is more than just a burger joint now. It has the usual salads, appetizers (I love the zoo sticks - fried zucchinis) pastas, sandwiches, grills, desserts.

Its current promotion is Celebrate BC (BC Day or Civic Day was in early August) and the above pic showed the burger with the pickle, caesar salad and blueberry pie combo. Looks so yummy. Why are there not more burger joints in Singapore? Places that serve really good and affordable burgers, some homestyle cooking.

If you are ever in Vancouver, do find a White Spot and try the strawberry milkshake. Apparently there are some White Spots in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Seoul. They are called Triple-O's and are like a fast food chain.

1 comment:

biscuitz79 said...

oh my, the blueberry pie :0