Sunday, August 27, 2006

Kazbar - Lambrini Girls Nite Out!

There was a Exotic middle eastern party at Kaz Bar to celebate the Lambrini Girls Nite Out last Tuesday (22 Aug) and I went with my friends. There was a free flow of Lambrini for women till 9pm and thereafter it was 1-for-1 on Lambrini for the ladies.

Lambrini is surprisingly nice. A light and bubbly drink akin to wine but is less tart and slightly sweet. Maybe sparkling wine? Did a google and found that there are many other flavors to it too. Nice! It is from the UK and the slogan is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!"

http://www.lambrinigirls.com/

And what do you know. I actually won 2nd prize for the best dressed since not many people dressed up :p I was given a veil headgear to wear and was told that I will get the 2nd prize if I do that. So I did that. Lol. Easiest way to win a prize. Hehe.


I like Kaz Bar at Far East Square. It serves middle eastern food, and the decor is also in the middle eastern theme. There are little alcoves with "bed" and sheer curtain to ensure privacy and tables and sofas are scattered around the premises, creating a homely feel. Not full restaurant, and not fully a drinking hole.

www.kazbar.com

I love the falafel and hummus. The falafel is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The lemon juice in the hummus made it slightly different from the one I always had at California Pizza Kitchen. Pity the pita bread was not warm that night. It was better the 1st time I went there. Another specialty is their lamb. I didn't try that since I am not a big fan of lamb.

I would want to go back there again to try other stuff.

No comments: