Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thai Express

I am still not entirely certain where Thai Express ranked in my conscious. I can't say I am a big fan of it for Thai food nor do I dislike it entirely. It is just an average outlet with decent Thai food. To me I always prefer Simply Thai (not sure if it is still around) for its simple, hearty Thai fare.

Thai Express seemed to have too many things and I am not sure if they are all that authentic. Nevertheless, it does have some pretty ok stuff.

I took this pic after eating halfway, still chockful of beef slices

I have tried quite a number of dishes over the last few years but I only tried the beef noodles soup recently and I was impressed! It came with very generous serving of beef slices which were pretty tender. There were more beef and veggies than the noodles, I like that. The soup was tasty and not too MSG-laden.

Other dishes which I usually ordered are the seafood green curry laksa. It is a mild curry that is very lemak (coconutty). Pad Thai is another item which is good.

I am not too impressed with its olive rice or shrimp belecan rice. The mango salad was not too bad, refreshing. The chicken wings are ok, tofu squares a bit boring.

I like Thai iced milk tea though. That is my usual fave drink and the beef noodles my fave thai dish. But I still think Simply Thai version of the beef noodles is better.

The tom yam soup was spicy, not bad.

Locations:
Most major malls
Paragon, Heartland Mall, Holland Village, CityLink, Bishan Junction 8, Plaza Singapura, Esplanade

2 comments:

monochromatix said...

hehe, you're right to be wary of the 'Express' in the title :p most of those places tend to be blah...

It's funny though because IMO one of the best tasting (sans MSG, [i think]) Beef Noodle (Vietnamese) places that I've tried is in the Pacific Center foodcourt :p

Maybe it just tastes better because I'm usually starving when I order it :D

I'm fairly impartial regarding Thai food as well, but I can't get enough of Pad Thai and Tom Yam :)

carolyn said...

I gotta try that next time I am back. I always love the beef noodles in Canada.