Sunday, August 20, 2006

Wellness Village Spa - Pan Pacific Hotel (19 Aug 06)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I went to Wellness Village Spa at the Pan Pacific Hotel yesterday for a back scrub and body massage treatment under the UOB Card promotion. I must be getting old as I don't even remember the treatment has a back scrub at all. So it was a 15mins back scrub and 45mins of body massage.

It is located slightly away from the main hotel building on Level 4, where the swimming pool is. Not good if it is raining as there is no shelter between the two buildings. The swimming pool is a good size, not too big or too small. Unfortunately it is always crowded on weekends, so weekdays might be a better bet if you are going to the spa for treatments and to utilize the pool (spa package holders/members can have access to the pool).

Once you stepped into the spa, you are greeted by the friendly receptionist/consultants. I did not have to wait long before I was shown into the treatment room. You will be required to remove your shoes and wear the slippers provided. The decor is Asian influenced with lots of wood and carvings.

There are 7 treatment rooms, and all (except 1 which is the facial room) come with an attached bathroom. Each room has different themes in the decoration. I didn't get to see the other rooms except the couple room. The room I was shown to was the Maharajah Room, so the decor is Indian-style. Garlands of jasmine were hung along one wall, with carvings and wooden furniture. I like the bathroom, which took me by surprise. It is an outdoor bathroom, with the "heavenly" showerhead. You can look up and see the sky and feel the humidity and heat of the day, almost like those outdoor bathroom in the resorts overseas. The couple room has a jacuzzi too in the outdoor bathroom. Very nice!


The therapist (Jolene) was very good. She was able to "read" the body and "treat" the body accordingly. Though the entire treatment took only an hour, I felt refreshed and much better after that. The back scrub was good as she applied pressure and massaged/scrubbed the back thoroughly. The skin is definitely much smoother and clearer after the sloughing away of dead skin cells.

The massage itself was a mixture of Indonesian, Swedish and Tui Na. She focused on my upper back/shoulders without me having to tell her that is my problem spot. I liked that and she wasn't the chatty type, so I was able to relax and just go to my own dreamland.

And yes, I signed up for a package. This is quite rare for a hotel spa to do that. Usually spas in hotels will not try to sell packages to guests. I guess this could be a different case since I went there under the UOB Card promotion.

I was sold by the fact that I can access the swimming pool every time I have a treatment. This is similar to having memberships at Amrita Spa at Raffles the Plaza Hotel or at St. Gregory Spa at the hotels. The drawback is the lack of a proper relaxation lounge.

So now I can take 1/2 day off from work and just go to the pool for a tan before my treatment. I can have either a body massage with body scrub or a facial with eye treatment or a bodywrap with body massage. All treatments are for 90mins.

Another selling point is that I got a special deal as one of the consulatnts recognized me from the other spa which I used to frequent :) They threw in extras stuff for me besides the usual package.

No comments: